Saturday, November 22, 2008

The complexity of Human Mind...

I am just revealing the facebook message that is going on between a friend's friend (who added me on facebook) and myself. My friend will be represented as M (a girl) and her friend will be represented as JS (a guy) here.

Me: Hello, do I know you?

JS: Nope, but does it matter?I just want to be friend with you.

(Me looks at JS profile and mutual friends list and accepted his request)

Me: ok.. i see, u are a friend of M too... so what's up?

JS: Ah, U realize that. I'm interested to know this guy who always reply [to M's] shout-out on her wall.. :)U like her, don't u? hehe

Me: no, sorry, i always comment on friend's status including hers. Why are you so interested? You like her, arent you? I somehow knew that you add me because of her. If you do, you can go for her. I have better taste. :)

Me: (after a while) is there anything else you want to know? :)

JS: O.o Of coz I care for her! She is like my best friend forever.. lolBut the phase "I have better taste" sounds pretty bad.Oh well, that is what u feel, I have nothing much to say. See you, buddy.

Me: just to add that i dislike people who add me just to find out something with a hidden agenda. I know you liked her before. Yeah, as you can see, i am neither a nice nor friendly guy. So if i say i like her, what will you do? Advise her to stay away from me? Gossip about me? She is just an ordinary girl_friend. Thanks.

JS: @@ Ok..

(Me deletes him off facebook)

---------------------------------------------------------------

I know I must have sound very hostile and nasty to this guy, JS. My thoughts on this person is already imprinted on my last message to him and why I am so upset with him.

Maybe it will be better if the conversation started like this:

Me: Hello, do I know you?

JS: No, but I am a friend of M. I find your comments on her wall and status interesting. You have a nice and handsome looking profile pic there. You look like a Mr. Nice guy and a professional musician-in-a-making.
My name is JS. How about you, Alphonsus? Nice and unique name! Also studying in Melbourne Uni? What course? Hope to be friends with you. :)

Does the edited script of mine sound better and much more sincere than "No, but does it matter? I just want to be friends with you."?

Firstly, I would say, IT DOES MATTER if you are a guy, because the last thing you want to have is a gay who is interested in you.

Secondly, "I just want to be friends with you". Sounds a bit forceful there. Friendship takes time to develop and need both parties to click. If one is skeptical, one is forceful, it will never work. It will make friendships so fake and unsincere and I dislike people like this.

Nothing disrespectful to M. M is a nice girl, but she is not my type of girl that I would go for. She is informed of this incident. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going back to books. Having gastric problems again. Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Firstly, I would say, IT DOES MATTER if you are a guy, because the last thing you want to have is a gay who is interested in you."

Mate, this is really discriminating. Do think twice before condemning gay people.

Fonzie said...

Dude or lass (or whoever it is), I am not discrimating or condemning against gay people. I didnt say gay is bad or all gays should be condemned. I am just saying you dont want gay people to like you in the wrong way. It's just as simple as that. Thanks.