Thursday, November 20, 2008

M18 Blog- Things you need to know about F.

Warning: Contains Vulgar language.

Just need to get this off my mind.

I wonder why people loves to use the F word so loosely. It's worse if you use the F word on the facebook status. Of course, you can put anything you want in your facebook status, but by using the F word:

1) You are degrading yourself, especially worse if you are a girl.
2) It doesnt look good on your friends facebook page, especially if someone else sees that you have a friend who is so vulgar, one will start questioning on your social network.

One such good example is this:

"Evelyn Siyun Tan
fucking hates herself. Fuck, fuck fuck FUCK." (Name is not censored).
P.S: I am not censoring the person's name as she has deleted me off her facebook.

"Jolin... is ..sigh. fuck the exams. off to bed." (Name here is censored).

I can better express it in the above 2 examples without using the F word but showing the same intensity and emotions above.:

"Evelyn Siyun Tan hates herself VERY MUCH. RAWR!!!" --> Short and sweet, and people will start showing concern instead of asking you to stop using the F word.

"Jolin... is .. GIVING UP on the exams. Sigh. Off to bed."

There are so many ways to express your frustrations and anger better without making you look bad. I guess these girls have limited vocabulary that they can only think of the F word whenever they are very angry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the perception that using the F word is a guy thing, but after these two examples, I realised that it is also a girl's thing too. Maybe the girls that I used to know are more cultured and refined and they would show their utter disgust whenever someone uses the F word.

I admit that I am no angel too, having using the F word frequently in my NS days. But I always ensured that the F word is being kept confined to the camp purpose and within my platoon mates.

"Alphonsus is EXTREMELY pissed with how childish some people can be. STUPID, CHILDISH people." (replace the words in caps with the F word and it will sound lots worst and unrefined).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if I start using F word and vulgarities throughout my entire blog? What will you think of me as a person? Will I look cool? Will I gain more friends? Will I be popular?

I think using the F word is like smoking a cigarette, once you start using, you will get addicted to it. :)

Of course, in the end, you can type anything you want in your blog or facebook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alphonsus. This is Evelyn. I'd like to request you remove my name from this post.
Firstly, I deleted you on Facebook as I would like to limit my Facebook friends to people I actually communicate with. I apologize if this has hurt your feelings.
Secondly, I would have appreciated it if you had mentioned this issue of yours to me, instead of slagging me off behind my back. I think it was quite immature of you to do this, to be honest.